Tuesday, December 16, 2014

New Year, New Me - 2015 With A Bang

New Year, New Me - 2015 With A Bang
*Photo from Happy New Year 2015*

New Year's Resolution:

Lose Weight
Exercise More
Eat Healthier
Control My Temper
Be Patient
Slow Down
Give Up Coffee
Make Time For Me Time

I just went ahead and scratched all of those out.  It's not like any of them will actually happen any way.  Why does every new year have to signal the beginning of a new you?  What if you are happy with the you that you are?  It wouldn't hurt me to drop 10 pounds, eat a few less chocolate bars, do an occasional sit up, yell less, be more patient, take more time to relax and stop living on caffeine but if I am happy with me just the way I am why should I change that? I shouldn't feel obligated to make an empty vow to change my entire life because January 1st is approaching.   90% of my flaws have no impact on anyone other than me and if it does bother anyone else it shouldn't. Why is it that everyone is so worried about everyone else?  Kids can't have a Coke in the vending machines at school because they may gain a pound.  McDonald's has to display the calories in all of their meals so I may reconsider having a double cheeseburger.  Why?  Why does everyone care so much? Personally, I don't care if you weigh 80 pounds of 480 pounds.  It's your business..not mine.  Just like my weight is my business, not yours.  We are so busy managing the lives of others that we can't manage our own.

This year I have decided to participate in the New Year's Resolution craze.  I don't normally participate but I wanted to spice things up a little.  I want my resolutions to be realistic and something that I will want to stick to.

My New Year's Resolutions for 2015:

Keep my opinions to myself (unless asked)
Make more time for my hobbies (blogging and learning DIY)
Try 1 new recipe a week

No major life changes.  I don't think I suck that much like I am.  Just a few little tweeks to get out of the same old routine.  Have you decided on a resolution for the new year? Is it big or small? Share them with us in the comments, we would love to hear them all. 

1 comment: