Thursday, October 9, 2014

Exfolimate - Review


Now that is a funny looking sucker isn't it?  I kind of reminds me of a pizza slicer or maybe a razor.  It certainly looks like something that will inflict pain and cause blood shed.  I'm not sure what I was doing when I applied for this promotion.  I received the email confirming I was accepted and was expecting to receive a scrub in the mail within a few days.  I was not expecting this.  I must have been very distracted when I initially applied for it.

Anyway, when the package arrived I opened it and was not sure what I was looking at.  The package included the small face Exfolimate in the photo above, the larger body one and a wrist band for each.  Once I removed the Exfolimate I was happy to learn that the edge was not sharp so I decided it would be safe to move forward.  I am a very accident prone person and using a sharp object on my skin is not a very good idea.

I , of course, did not read the directions prior to using it for the first time.  I glanced down at the box and assumed I could figure it out.  I washed my face and rinsed it like normal and began to slide the Exfolimate across my forehead...and it HURT.  I decided to break out the instructions and it clearly stated to use with care because you may experience some discomfort in boney areas.  Yep, I did alright.  I took a break to read the entire instruction sheet and began again.  This time I did as the instructions said and was careful to apply less pressure over areas such as my forehead and jawline.  This time was much better, no pain.  After a couple of passes I rinsed the Exfolimate and continue.  I couldn't believe how well it worked and how dirty my clean face actually was.  The Exfolimate was removing makeup that was still on my face after I washed it with makeup remover. 

After I finished using the Exfolimate my face was a little red.  It wasn't irritated or sore, it just had a little more color.  I immediately, after the first use, noticed that my skin was not nearly as dull.  Along with makeup I was also removing dead skin.  I normally use a gentle exfoliating cleanser every night and a scrub once a week.  I now realize that those products were not working nearly as well as I thought they were.  My face felt cleaner, looked brighter and felt very smooth..with only one use.  I have been using this product for about 2 weeks and it is for sure my favorite beauty product.

I don't have tons of time to spend on my skin every night.  I usually have kids standing at the bathroom door yelling for me to hurry when I try to get a quick shower.  I enjoy the convenience of being able to use the Exfolimate while in the shower.  I think that is the easiest  place to use it. Since your skin has to be wet it only makes sense to keep it in the shower, where your pores are opened by the steam.  To me, it works better than if you just wash your face before using it. 

I absolutely love the Exfolimate.  My daughter stole the larger one designed for body use and refuses to give it back.  She also said her face feels softer since using it.  I really like that it is reusable.  I don't have to keep purchasing refill pads for electric exfoliating devices or exfoliating scrubs. 

If you are interested in learning more about this product or purchasing you can visit their website at http://www.exfolimate.com





Disclaimer: Figuring It Out As We Go received this product for free or at a discounted rate in exchange for providing an honest and unbiased review. The opinions stated are those of Figuring It Out As We Go and do not reflect the views or opinions of the sponsoring company, Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Instagram, SnapChat, YouTube or any additional sites that may host this review. All products reviewed by Figuring It Out As We Go are tested and reviews contain an honest opinion of the results. Figuring It Out As We Go makes no guarantees on any product and is not liable for any results you may experience. Figuring It Out As You Go does not offer medical advice. Any medical related reviews posted are strictly the opinions of the writer. Our opinions should not be considered medical advise. All medical questions should be discussed with your physician. You should consult your physician before starting any medication, supplements, exercise program and using any medical devises. You may contact Figuring It Out As We Go with any questions or comments at figuringitoutaswego@gmail.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment