Friday, November 14, 2014

Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day 2014

Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day

Every time we turn around it seems that it is another "holiday".  Everyday is another day to celebrate some meaningless day that the majority of people are not even aware of.  Welcome Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day 2014.  Honestly, I had no clue that this even existed before today, but it does.  November 14th is officially the day to let loose and chill out. I really wish I had known this earlier in the day so I would have been able to fully celebrate the joys of being loose and light.

I'm not sure what I would have spent my day doing.  Maybe not being stabbed repeatedly by a strange yet oddly humorous doctor.  Who knows, I may have gone completely wild and opened a bottle of wine at LUNCH!  With a full day devoted to pulling the stick out of your butt the options are endless. 

We are all busy.  Between work, family, life, bills, school, homework, and the other 426 things we do every single day it's easy to become stressed and lose sight of the joy in life.  This time of year can be especially hard.  Families struggle with being separated during the holidays.  Others are stressed with the financial burden that the holidays bring.  Some are alone.  Some want to be alone.  It's just a stressful time for nearly everyone.  Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I love any holiday that revolves around eating!  I enjoy Christmas but not like I do Thanksgiving.  I hate to shop and doing it stresses me.  I think it's the crowds..I do NOT like crowds.

The day is almost over but there is still time to loosen up and lighten up.  Have some fun this evening! Go home from work and get crazy with the kids.  Have ice cream for dinner on the living room floor while you watch cartoons. Take your wife out for a nice dinner at Chuck E Cheese (with no kids).  Act like a fool and have a blast.  Forget about all of the stress for just one night and have some fun :)

What's your favorite way to de-stress and relax?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to take your advice and loosen up and lighten up! Cheers and thanks for sharing this day. I had no idea there was such a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by! I didn't either but I certainly celebrated after I found out lol :)

      Delete