Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Why I Made A Blog


Someone asked me why I made a blog.  I didn't really have an exact answer.  I mean, doesn't everyone have a blog now?  Facebook is almost the equivalent to a blog now.  People certainly put every detail of their lives on there.  And do NOT even accuse me of doing that.  I have, unfortunately, seen toilet selfies.  Please, for the love of God, do not take a toilet selfie. 

So, I started thinking and I figured out why/what I wanted to accomplish with my blog.  Here is it:

I want to bring awareness to rare genetic disorders and CHD.  Ainsley has Sotos Syndrome which is a very rare genetic disorder.  She has a mutation of her NSD1 gene.  She also has 2 congenital heart defects. 1 in 100 children are born with some type of heart defect.  I had no idea that so many children are born with these defects before Ainsley.  Ainsley has a very small Atrial Septal Defect and a Patent Ductus Arteriosus that has been closed with a Duct Occluder Implant.

I also do product reviews on my blog.  I can not count the number of times that I have wasted money on a product that turned out to be a bunch of crap.  Or the number of times that I have stood in stores wondering if something was worth buying.  Now I have the honor of being one of the reviewers that readers turn to when they are trying to decide if something is worth buying.  No, I do not get paid to say that all products are amazing.  I don't lie.  If something sucks, I say it sucks. I'm not going to walk around with a reason to feel guilty about anything.

Since I found out that I was pregnant with Ainsley I have been a stay at home mom.  With all of her health issues we have decided that it is best for her if I stay at home with her until she is older.  Things are tight with only 1 income but we make it work. I have found several recipes and DIY projects that have saved us a nice amount of money each year.  I wish I had found these sooner.  Now that I have, I like to share them with my family, friends and anyone that in interested in saving money. 

I need some grown up time.  I started reading blogs. After that I started following blogs and of course the next logical step was to start writing blogs.  Being a stay at home mom has its struggles, especially when everyone that you know works all day, every day.  I have met some of the most amazing women through my blog that I am so happy to call my friends.  I have reconnected with an old friend, and man is she old...much much older than me ha ha..but I love her :)

Blogging has introduced me to many new things and people.  I have learned so much is just a short period of time.  It has been a blast and I can't wait to see what happens next. 

1 comment: